User Accounts and Security
Changes to Surfguard User account access was released into production 1st December 2020
- Password Rest is now required at 180 days instead of 60 days
- Resend via Email/SMS Link for 2 Factor Authentication code is reduced to 5 seconds (from 30 seconds)
- If a user locks their account due to 5 incorrect login attempts they will be able to reactivate their Surfguard User account via secure methods
- New users or Inactive users will still have to follow the normal process for gaining access to Surfguard; new Form 49 to be completed, signed off by an authorising officer and submitted to the IT Helpdesk via a Support Ticket
New Award Type “TAF”
To assist Surfguard Users to filter more efficiently within the system, SLSA has created a new Award Type called “TAF” that includes all Trainer, Assessor & Facilitator awards.
New Officer Position – COVID Co-ordinator
COVID Co-ordinator has been added to the Officer Positions in Surfguard and a nominated person can be entered at a National, State, Branch, Club level
To view the Surfguard User Guide Click Here
A number of SEMS enhancements were released into Production on 8th December 2020
- Adding Officials – New module for adding officials (including areas and roles) and official attendance at events. Click Here to view this section of the SEMS User Guide
- Adding Areas – New module for the ability to add areas to Events, areas can be linked to Contests and Officials. Click Here to view the SEMS User Guide
- Competitors medical details will now display in the Competitor Contact List report
Accessbile via iOS/Android App or https://operations.sls.com.au
A number of enhancements were released in the Operations App 8th December 2020.
- Powercraft – RWC equipment has been added to the Gear checklist (New)
- ‘Auto’ weather feed from BOM available for Support Operations based on current location (New)
- User Interface issues in iPhone app (Fix)
- Sign Off button was greyed out at sign-off – for units only (Fix)
- Powercraft – only allow ‘close’ as status if all hours/equipment has been filled in/checked (Fix)
- Allow sign off 1 hour before sign off (previously it was only 30 minutes) (Change)
- Ability to add a visitor to a Support Ops roster (Fix)
- Patrol Stats – Number of Rips was editable in Archive status, this has been fixed so it’s no longer editable (Fix)
- Upgraded Tracker Functions in IOS version of App (Fix)
- Laravel Framework Upgrade
- PHP 7.4 upgrade
To view the Operations App User Guide Click Here
- When using a link to access any Pages/Sections or documents within the Members Area, upon logging into the Members Area you will be automatically redirected to that page/section
- eLearning – Login to eLearning button moved higher up the page to minimise scrolling
- Organisation logos display below the title of each entity in My Memberships
- New Payment Module – ‘$’ symbol in the top right directs to a new Payment Module allowing members to make payments to any organisation they currently or previously hold/held membership with.
Forms – to be released 15th December 2020
- When a member accesses the Forms it will automatically pre-fill the Club if they only have a single membership.
- Enhancements have been made to the National Medal Form for Form Approvers. They will now see the Date the Bronze Medallions was awarded, the Bronze Medallion number and members DOB.
- All Forms can now be extracted to an Excel document
Document Library – to be released 15th December 2020
- Share documents – Use the ‘Share’ option to send the document directly to another Member. An email will be sent to the member who is getting access to the document with the name of the document shared and a link/access the document. Note: You will not be able to share a document with members who have selected ‘Do Not Send Email’ or who are not eligible to have access to the document.
- Filter by Roles – Ability to filter by Surfguard officer positions/roles. (At this stage only SLSA Officer Positions that display to States, Branches & Clubs can be used to filter)
- Assign roles to documents – Ability to assign Surfguard officer positions/roles to documents when managing/uploading library content. (At this stage only SLSA Officer Positions that display to States, Branches & Clubs can be used to filter)
- View documents will now ‘remember’ Category / Organisation / Officer position filters when revisiting.
To view the Members Area User Guide Click Here