SMS Gateway Changes – IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SURFGUARD USERS
The Telstra-sponsored SMS messaging service has come to an end and it is now a service that SLSA is paying for. Therefore all clubs need to abide by the usage conditions (which already state that it’s for time-critical messages). Sending excessive SMS messages that are not time-critical may result in monthly “sending limits” being imposed on your club
Enhancements – Production Release 04 July 2022
- The Officer section of Surfguard has had the following enhancements added.
Add Alternate Email for Officer Role– There have been a number of requests from all levels of the organisation for the ability to add an alternate email address for an Officer role so that members don’t keep receiving emails to the personal email addresses in their membership profile.To add an alternate email at any level of the organisation go to Org Management > Officers, find the officer that you want to edit and under “Officer Options” select Edit. As per the screenshot below tick the box and add the alternate email. The updated email address for the specific officer role will receive email notifications that have been scheduled for Active Kids vouchers, New Members Joining, Membership Renewals and pending Form Approvals and any emails sent via Surfguard where “Filter by Officer Fields” has been selected. Reporting – Officers With Additional Admin Functions – the Officer’s report in Surfguard at all levels of the organisation now includes who has been assigned any of the four (4) additional Administrative Functions that officers can be assigned. There is the ability to filter by the 4 different options and multi-select. To access the report in Surfugard go to Reports > Org the report types available will differ depending on what level of the organisation you are at. The screenshot below is at a club level and at a State level, the options would be:-
Report Type: Officers – Branch,
Report Type: Officers – Club/Organisation
Report Type: Officers – State
- State Centres are now able to Bulk Archive “bulk proficiencies” that are more than 3 months old
- Changes have been made to the Bulk Transfer function that is only available at a Branch level. Bulk transfers can only be done to Non-SLS Organisations eg Lifeguard Services and Support Operations.
- A new pop-up at login indicates details of any change to the SLSA Usage policy. Surfguard Users will have the option to Agree or Disagree. If a User agrees they will be logged in to Surfguard and if they Disagree they will be taken back to the login screen and will not have access to Surfguard until they Agree. The pop-up will only show once for each user who Agrees and will never see the pop-up again until a new message is added.
- The wording of the Pop-up Message that displays when Surfguard Users select the Message Type “SMS” has been updated as follows:-
The SMS Text messaging service is for sending time-critical messages for training, patrolling or nipper activities. The sending of text messaging for advertising social events is not authorised and by clicking OK you are confirming that this message meets these requirements. Sending excessive SMS messages that are not time-critical may result in ‘sending limits’ being imposed on your club
- Price List – Transaction Fields in Surfguard Updated (Release Date Late July / Early August 2022)
Currently when a member pays via the Payment Gateway, Transaction 1 Field of the Payment Gateway auto-fills with the full amount of all purchases made. The payment details field includes the Order number and individual name or primary member of a family group. To assist clubs who do reconciliations via the Transaction field in Surfguard, we have updated this area so that each Transaction Type within an order will be saved into Surfguard as a separate transaction.
Bug Fixes – Release to Production 04 July 2022
- State Centres are now able to Bulk Archive “Completed’ assessments at a State level
- A member’s awards in Surfguard are now syncing correctly with their awards list in the Members Area.
- Patrol Log/Service Profile Comparison Reports correctly displays Public Holidays that fall on a weekday. Clubs that have used workarounds in the Service Profile to define their local public holidays on weekdays will need to amend their service hours or remove their custom holiday dates, otherwise, the public holidays may not display in the report.
- WWC expiry dates showing in Members Area > Memberships > Renewals, Payments & Transfers are now displaying the correct expiry date for members who have club membership in more than one State (Has Been Released to Production)
Bug Fixes – Release to Production 04 July 2022
Members with multiple memberships were able to view patrol swap requests for organisations where they were no longer active members. A code change has been implemented and members will now only see swap requests for organisations where they have an active membership. (Release Delayed – Reschdeuld for Late June/Early July)
Members’ email & mobile numbers were not updated from Surfguard in the back-end of the Member Area database when a member used SMS to activate their new Members Area account. This was causing issues with members accessing the Online Store and eLearning via their Members Area accounts. (Has Been Released to Production)
SLSA IT Helpdesk Support Hours
Up to 31 July 2022 – Monday to Friday – 9.00 am to 5.00 pm (Sydney Time)
From 01 August to 24 December 2022 – Monday to Friday – 9.00 am to 6.00 pm (Sydney Time) – excluding Public Holidays